Topic

Cheap 3 LED Headlamps

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Cheap 3 LED Headlamps

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Acronym Esq
    BPL Member

@acronym-esq

Locale: TX

I was in HomeDepot today and found a blister pack with 2x 3 LED Headlamps branded Brinkmann for $10. The headlamps are a knock off or OEM of this:
    http://owlbebak.vox.com/library/post/energizer-3-led-headlight-review.html
    The headlamp isn't weather resistant, and the hinge is a little flimsy. It throws off reasonable white or red light, and the switch allows going directly to white or red w/o cycling through the white. My scale says 69g with the provided 3x AAA batteries and 44g empty.

My brother's energizer branded version ($13 ea @ Walmart) is working on 12 nights an hour or two each night on one set of lithiums w/o a noticeable drop in performance.

acronym 6/30/2009 2:15 AM

Acronym Esq
    BPL Member

@acronym-esq

Locale: TX

I compared my Brinkmann with my brother's Energizer last night. I'm pretty sure the Brinkmann is a knock off. The red/white switches are reversed, the Brinkmann is about 5 g heavier, and the Brinkmann didn't put out as much light as the Energizer.

Still, $5 for a red/white sub 75g headlamp isn't bad.

Thx for double posting, acronym.

YW, acronym.

acronym 7/2/2009 1:34 PM

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools