Topic

Hiking with a 20-month old

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Hiking with a 20-month old

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mommy of One

@ohbaby

Hi all, newbie here.

My husband and I are hoping to take our son backpacking for the 1st time over 4th of July weekend. He still takes his bottle and I was hoping I could get recommendations for powdered milk (what and where to get).

Thanks in advance!

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Does your son drink formula or cow milk? If cow milk you may want to look at NIDO's kinder drink they make, it is designed for toddlers to young kids. Not as rich as full fat NIDO full fat milk/easier to digest.
    You can find this sometimes at Super Walmarts in the dry milk section or on Amazon.

If you do use say powdered instant dry milk, flavoring it is a big thing…otherwise it lacks in flavor!

Mommy of One

@ohbaby

I'll check out the Nido. My son drinks cow milk.

Joey Prescott

@paintball2404

If you are going to be looking for the Nido at a walmart try looking the hispanic foods section. Thats where I found it at the local walmart, its not with the actual dry milk (all they had there was the non fat dehydrated milk)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools