Topic

Alpacka on flat water?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Other Activities Alpacka on flat water?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Adam McFarren

@amcfarre

Does anyone have experience with using the Alpackas on flat water? Do they track well?

I’d be especially interested to hear if anyone has compared the Alpackas to the (much) heavier Innova kayaks for flat water paddling (especially their Safari, Solar or Helios models).

I’m interested in trying a few packraft trips, but I think I’d do more paddling and less packing, plus most of what is available to me right now is flat water.

Thanks

Adam McFarren

@amcfarre

Does anyone have experience with using the Alpackas on flat water? Do they track well?

I’d be especially interested to hear if anyone has compared the Alpackas to the (much) heavier Innova kayaks for flat water paddling (especially their Safari, Solar or Helios models).

I’m interested in trying a few packraft trips, but I think I’d do more paddling and less packing, plus most of what is available to me right now is flat water.

Thanks

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

No, not recommended for any kind of flat water distance. Fine for crossing over to an island here and there, but to replace a canoe or kayak, no way. They don’t track at all. They are designed as river boats.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools