Topic

Teton Crest Trail Advice

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Teton Crest Trail Advice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Tynes

@stynes

Locale: Atlanta, GA

I'm planning on coming out and hiking the Teton Crest from Teton Villiage, up past Lake Marion via the tram, and on to Lake Jenny beginning on July 20. I have a few questions I'm hoping hikers experienced in the area can help me with.

– I wasn't able to get reservations. Any experience on being able to walk up and make this trip?
    – Snow cover. I know it can take a while for some of the higher elevations to melt. Any idea what I can expect this year?
    – Temperature. Most nights will be spent in the 8-9k foot range. What should I expect in terms of temperatures?
    – I understand that last year they began requiring bear canisters. Does the park service rent them and if so, what is the fee?

Thanks!

Fred Koehl

@fquail

Steven:

Did you make this trip? We are planning on heading out in two weeks and would greatly benefit from your experience!

Fred

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools