Topic

Kodachrome—RIP

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Kodachrome—RIP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

Locale: Northernish California

Today's news marks the end of an era and another nail in film's coffin.

http://homepage.1000words.kodak.com/default.asp?item=2388083

I'm sure we'll have E-6 film around for a good while longer, but Kodachrome has never been matched by any E-6 film I've used.

Dig that roll out from the back corner of your freezer, load it into your dusty XA, and shoot one last hike (before the lab closes!).

Chris Townsend
    BPL Member

@christownsend

Locale: Cairngorms National Park

The end of an era. Though I have to admit I stopped using Kodachrome over 20 years ago, long before digital.

And my XA died in the 1980s too.

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

Still a great song.

Brad Groves
    BPL Member

@4quietwoods

Locale: Michigan

Kodachrome 64 in a F2 was my weapon of choice for years. I've shot with a N90 and Fujichrome for a while now, but yeah, talk about the end of an era. I've been a diehard film guy throughout, but I normally shoot 10 or 12 rolls on a trip… add on processing to film cost, then any print charges, and it gets expensive pretty quickly. Even I'm looking at going digital, and I never thought I'd go that way. I still prefer the concreteness and tangibility and process involved with film…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools