Topic

Backcountry Gourmet Meals???

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
PostedJun 22, 2009 at 7:37 am

Okay guys, if you were going on a short overnighter and wanted to have a fancy supper, fancy being realitve to UL backpacking, what would you fix?

My requirments will be that it can be cooked on a coke can stove and it want give me the runs. After reading through the LNT thread, I think I've decided I just need to hold it in till I get back :)

CW BPL Member
PostedJun 22, 2009 at 7:44 am

If you want dehydrated stuff try PackIt Gourmet

They have several gourmet type meals that require minimal preparation.

PostedJun 22, 2009 at 8:12 am

I'll be posting a new one pot recipe later today in the cooking section ;-) One that yes, can be cooked on an alchy stove. And will wow you without giving you the Hiker 5K.

LOL!

PS: Having the triple bean burrito and chili special is not recommended.

;-)

CW BPL Member
PostedJun 22, 2009 at 8:17 am

I actually did a modified version of Sarah’s Mashed Potato Burritos on my last trip. We used plain mashed potatoes along with some dehydrated chipotle chicken chili. The entire thing was add hot water so it worked fine with our alchy stove. Quite delicious.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Loading...