Topic

Here’s a blank excel gear list form

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Here’s a blank excel gear list form

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Taylor Ginther

@tippet

Locale: San Diego

Didn't take long to write, but if you can use it, please enjoy

It adds weights by category and total.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zyviqzmz25w/ultralight gear list form.xls

Arthur M Yates, Evangelist
    BPL Member

@rowdyy

Locale: North Central Tennessee

I have tried to open, save and even print out this form BUT I can not save it in My Documents, nor will it open through Windows, exactly how is one to open and use this document?

Andrew Meeks
    BPL Member

@growler

Locale: The NorthEast

Do you have excel? That would be needed to view/edit the document.

BPL Member

@rowdyy

YES!

I copied and pasted the url into my Web Browser (Internet Explorer) The web page (MediaFire) opened but not the Excel nor was I able to save it to my documents in order to open and use. Thanks to anyone who can help me with this.

Cayenne Redmonk
    BPL Member

@redmonk

Locale: Greater California Ecosystem

Did you click the download link ? It's kind of hard to spot with all the whizbang advertisements on the page.

what happens when you click the link ?

click here

Andrew Meeks
    BPL Member

@growler

If you dont download it (have the file on your desktop, C: drive, etc) it wont open at all, and excel can give you an error. Make sure you hit the download as pointed out by the previous poster. Good Luck!!!!

Andrew Meeks
    BPL Member

@growler

One of Us could email it if you were still having issues. Let me know.

BPL Member

@rowdyy

THANKS guys!
    I got it this time.

Taylor Ginther

@tippet

I set up a simple sum formula for each group of categories, and one for the totals. If you need more lines, just click on the button at the left of the line BELOW where you want to new line to be, right-click and choose "insert". The formulae automatically update to include the new rows.

Since I posted this, I've added another column for check-boxes by each item.

The great thing about this kind of list is it's easy to modify, you can tailor it to your specific needs with very little effort.

As far as using that particular web-hosting site, I realize it's not ideal and if anyone has any suggestion for a better free hosting service, I'm all ears!

Mike Clelland

@mikeclelland

Locale: The Tetons (via Idaho)

LINK:
    http://www.backpackinglight.com/backpackinglight/images/wts_gearlist.pdf

If a piece of paper in your hand helps you systematize your methodology (like me, Mike C!) this simple check list is a tidy way to help organize your gear.

This will download as a two-page print out, and all you need to do is print it and start deciding what to leave behind, and the items are listed in the exact order as the on-line GEAR-LIST article.

All weights are in ounces.

– – – and – – –

The on-line article has a way to Download an excell sheet too. All set up and ready to go.

LINK:
    http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/wilderness_trekking_school_gear_list.html

Taylor Ginther

@tippet

best of luck with your trekking school, I'd attend myself but it's a long commute!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools