Topic

Four Passes Loop – Snow Report?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Four Passes Loop – Snow Report?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

We're contemplating the Four Passes Loop starting June 29th.

Anyone got firsthand info on the snow levels?

Thanks

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

Hey Greg,
    Any chance we can see a nice trip report on your trip afterwards? I've had my eye on that loop for years…

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Steve,
    The Aspen Ranger Station reports the snow level at 11,500', a thousand snowpacked feet below each of the passes.

We were thinking of a fast and light trek, but unless someone provides first hand info, we will be heading elsewhere.

Going up is seldom a problem. It the acceleration down which concerns me. Trail runners and, unfortunately, no TiCas.

I have done it in early October with no crowds. It is great.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Anyone have any first or secondhand info???

John Whynot

@jdw01776

Locale: Southeast Texas

Try the forums on 14ers.com. When I attempted this loop last July, I found plenty of up-to-date info. Still went too early for my experience level, but at least I knew what to expect. I'll be trying again in a little over 3 weeks…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools