Topic

22 or 25 inch snowshoes?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion 22 or 25 inch snowshoes?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dave e
    BPL Member

@hipass

Locale: Los Angeles

Currently i use 22in msr denali classic snowshoes.I have tails but never use them,even in powder.I want to upgrade to televators.

I have a couple of offers to buy some 25in shoes with televators but i am afraid of the extra length and it being a hindrance.

Any opinions?

Randy Martin
    BPL Member

@randalmartin

Locale: Colorado

The 3″ difference isn’t a big deal in my opinion if you have a great offer on the design you like

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

25″ is still a pretty short snowshoe- I don’t think you’ll even notice.  I go back and forth between 25 (wife’s) and 30″ Lightnings and the difference is negligible as far as getting around.  the televators are really nice for steep climbs :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools