Topic

hammock deal

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals hammock deal

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy Greene
    Spectator

@tippymcstagger

Locale: North Texas

http://www.amazon.com/Travel-Hammock-Single-Parachute-Nylon/dp/B001H0EQRA/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1245531283&sr=1-21

For less than material cost I figured I'd try a light hammock. Yet to see how useful I find it.

te – wa
    BPL Member

@mikeinfhaz

Locale: Phoenix

the suspension on that one is kinda goofy, just knotted ropes and steel hooks (but many hammocks' suspension is goofy in stock mode)
    it will work for a recreational hammock. dont expect that one to convert you.. like the Blackbird
    i may get one of these for my wife. thanks for the heads up!
    fwiw, the manly term for pink is "light red"

Jeremy Greene
    Spectator

@tippymcstagger

Locale: North Texas

What sort of suspension change do you suggest?

re:fwiw, wait 'til I hang it under the MSR E-wing. If it clashes in total darkness it must be manly.

te – wa
    BPL Member

@mikeinfhaz

Locale: Phoenix

i switched out the rope/hook nonsense with some 1" polypro webbing from strapworks. on the hammock side, run doubled-up amsteel blue thru the channel and then a prusik around either cinch buckles from onrope1.com or ring buckles made by SMC (check REI for stock, they are rappel rings)
    after that $12 in mods, it made a great hammock. still have mine!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools