Topic

Osprey Atmos 50 Mod

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Osprey Atmos 50 Mod

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David Stokes, Jr.

@loco

ok i have the last year version and i love the pack but that silly suspension system takes up half my bag. Thinking about taking it out, replacing it, anything at this point. Anybody have any experience taking out or replacing and Osprey suspension system?

Brad Groves
    BPL Member

@4quietwoods

Locale: Michigan

Sell it, and buy the new model that fits nearly flush to your back…

It's way, way not worth the trouble. A nice pack, but not the lightest pack to convert, anyway.

David Stokes, Jr.

@loco

yea thought about that, but the new ones are even heavier, what gives? A large, which is what i need, is 3.10 lbs.

David Ure

@familyguy

Modifying it would be extensive, I would think. Sell it and get a pack that keeps the load against your back where it should be. Avoid the marketing hype.

Brad Groves
    BPL Member

@4quietwoods

Locale: Michigan

David, if you like the pack in general, I'd actually recommend the Exos instead. It's a much more supportive frame, basically the same degree of padding, and the 58L is about 2.25 pounds. The 46L is under 2 pounds…

David Stokes, Jr.

@loco

yea ive heard good stuff about the exos series. I agree I think Im gonna try to sell it, bc I really have no use for it like it is. Its not really good for any one thing, except that i used it to carry clothes on the plane to the Swiss alps, but no backpacking

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools