Topic

Fav Snack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Monty Montana
    BPL Member

@tarasbulba

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Laurie, Millette, then you'll like this one: Majans Bhuja Fruit Mix. It's made in Australia, but Bhuja mixes and spices date back to India. The ingrediants include peanuts, sultanas, dates, paw paw, apricot, crunchy green peas, and mind blowing spices…a nice change from all that commercial sweet gorp you usually find on the shelves. I found it at the Grocery Outlet in Monroe but now they're all sold out. Darn. Maybe Roger can export it.

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

Seems I might have to contact my friends over there for a care package if I can't find it here. Thanks for the suggestion.

Huzefa @ Blue Bolt Gear
    Spectator

@huzefa

Locale: Himalayas

I guess you are referring to "bhujia". It is a popular Indian snack. It is deep fried so has lot of calories. I can export some if anyone wants.

Anonymous
    Inactive

"Laurie, Millette, then you'll like this one: Majans Bhuja Fruit Mix. It's made in Australia, but Bhuja mixes and spices date back to India. The ingrediants include peanuts, sultanas, dates, paw paw, apricot, crunchy green peas, and mind blowing spices…a nice change from all that commercial sweet gorp you usually find on the shelves. I found it at the Grocery Outlet in Monroe but now they're all sold out. Darn. Maybe Roger can export it."

To BPLers in general; If there is an Indian grocery store anywhere near you, check with them. All Indian grocery stores carry several varieties of bhujia. All are tasty, pretty high in calories, and infinitely varied. It will not always be called bhujia, however. Look for dal muth(moth), Punjabi mix, etc, or ask the proprietor about Indian snack mixes.

Monty; If you can get down to the Seattle area, there are two excellent Indian groceries on the East side, both just off Hwy 520 at 148th Ave on the Bellevue/Redmond border: 1) Mayuri; 2) Spice Route. Also R and Z Video, a delightful little Mom and Pop outfit on University Ave and 56th St in Seattle. All carry many varieties of bhujia and I'll guarantee you they will never be out of it. It keeps well if not opened, so one pilgrimage should last you for an entire season.

Lynn Tramper

@retropump

Locale: The Antipodes of La Coruna

I have yet to find a Bhuja mix that wasn't really salty. Otherwise I would eat it a lot (the fruit-free varieties that is).

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Ah… Punjabi mix… now I know what we are talking about… love that stuff.

Anonymous
    Inactive

"Ah… Punjabi mix… now I know what we are talking about… love that stuff."

Mmmmm, boy, it's finger lickin' goooood, as The Colonel says! :)

Millette Jones

@ttaboro

Locale: Southeast

Yep, that sounds good, I'll see if I can get my hands on some…anything spicy and crunchy really hits the spot for me!

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

I'm up to my neck writing the coursework for a workshop I am teaching in Algonquin Provincial Park a few weeks from now but if you remind me in a couple days I will post my roasted chickpea recipe for you. It makes for a wonderful trail snack with a bit of bite.

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools