Topic

5yds to SUL tarp

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear 5yds to SUL tarp

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jared Cook

@rooinater

Locale: Northwet

Well I've been putting myself through a MYOG sweatshop while I've had this week off before summer school starts on monday. First the Ion mods, the tarptent floor, and now the 5yds to SUL tarp. I'll cut out the fabric tonight for the Bivy… I'll post the exact weight after seam sealing, presealing and pregrossgrain was between 6.4 and 6.5oz. The stuff sack is 0.15oz.

here's the tarp pictures.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Patrick Caulder
    BPL Member

@pcaulder

Locale: SouthEast

Man, that is looking good. I know what you mean, I made a few stuff sacks a week or two ago, and now I've got the fever, too.

Eric Beaudry

@ericbeaudry

Having just done my own first tarp, I'm curious how you reinforced the tieout points on the spinntex prior to adding the grosgrain? Working on revisiting mine.

Overall looks great. Very nice stuff.

Eric.

Jared Cook

@rooinater

Little triangles of spinnaker on the underside with a rolled under tarp edge. There are step by step directions for this tarp in a MYOG article on this site, but it is a member article like most all the MYOG articles.

I've been swamped with homework for General Chemistry and Evolutionary/Ecology Biology and the materials have just been building up over the last couple months… Now I have till Thursday night to get this and the bivy done, but if the weather cooperates I might just get a painters drop cloth, and wait on finishing the bivy, since I kind of feel lazy and don't feel like doing that many feet of zipper at the moment.

Jared Cook

@rooinater

7.9oz with 48' of Aircore Nano guylines and adjusters, plus 2 oz of stakes… 9.9oz. So at .8 oz for the guyline kit, the tarp by itself is 7.1oz roughly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools