Topic

Western Mountaineering Summerlite 150 Dollars at Moosejaw

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Western Mountaineering Summerlite 150 Dollars at Moosejaw

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Greg Harris

@harrisge

I purchased some of the Summerlite bags as well and actually purchased them over 12 hours before the first post in this thread. I received a call stating that my order would be canceled because this was a price mistake. I was also told that no orders would ship out for these because of the mistake. Please post if your specific orders ship as I am really curious on the outcome of this.

Patrick Caulder
    BPL Member

@pcaulder

Locale: SouthEast

I bought a Long Right zip last night around 9:00 pm EST, but no phone calls or anything yet, so we'll just have to wait and see. I kind of feel like it is an error, but I figured it would be worth taking a chance.

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

For all the WM fiends out there, I've recently ordered two WM bags from o2gearshop at 20% off.
    They'll take about 3 weeks to get to you, but otherwise the site is good and they can get just about every size/model.
    save20 is the code- I was told it's good through September.

I'd rather have one at 20% and enjoy it than wait who knows how long for some crazy deal to appear. I think the Great 40% OFF Backcountry.com Heist of 2009 got everyone a bit spoiled in their expectations….

sheila o
    BPL Member

@bumpass

Locale: The Far Left Coast? : /

Hi David,
    Just get online at Bing.com and register. From there click on "stores", then click on the store you want for ex. "backcountry.com". It will say 20-44% off(depending what store you choose) through bing and will redirect you to backcountry.com. You have to go through bing first to receive these extra discounts. The next day you'll get an email how much extra $$ off you'll be receiving. I have my $$ sent to my PayPal account or you can have a check sent. Hope that helps…let me know?
    Cheers!

David Ure

@familyguy

Fantastic – thanks Sheila.

Sean Walashek

@caraz

Locale: bay area

Is there anyway to see how much the bing discount is before you buy?

Ashley Brown

@ashleyb

I tried the o2gearshop code (save20) on a summerlite a week or so ago and got the message "The coupon code you have entered is not valid." Just tried it again with the same result.

Ashley Brown

@ashleyb

I purchased some of the Summerlite bags as well and actually purchased them over 12 hours before the first post in this thread. I received a call stating that my order would be canceled because this was a price mistake

Well that's karma for you! If you'd bought just one then maybe they would have let you have it. But when you buy multiple bags at a crazy price they are less likely to honour it I think. I guess we'll have to wait and see whether the guys who only bought one manage to get theirs delivered.

You may be buying the bags for family members, but equally likely you could be buying them to resell them at a profit. Moosejaw has no way of knowing the difference and I'm sure they don't want to be taken for a ride.

Tom Caldwell
    BPL Member

@coldspring

Locale: Ozarks

"Moosejaw has no way of knowing the difference and I'm sure they don't want to be taken for a ride."

Do you think they accidentally listed more than one of the bags at a discount and put some on sale status? I think they knew what they were doing. Probably just stocked way more than the economy would support and needed to do a little clearing. I don't think people aren't buying a lot of discretionary sporting goods right now.

Ashley Brown

@ashleyb

Who knows Tom. I originally thought it was a legit sale, and if Greg Harris (above) hadn't had his order cancelled then I wouldn't have questioned it. I mean, they've done 50% off on these bags before so you'd think if it was an error they would have fixed it up last time. Having said that, it seems that many online sites *do* make the same mistake twice!

But economically it doesn't make sense any more than the 40% off backcountry.com sale did. Actually this sale is a little more nuts than that one. Obviously they could have sold these bags at 30% off with no problem at all, but they ended up selling them for about double that discount. Even if you want to clear stock, with bags like this you can do it easily with a 25% discount from a reputable dealer like moosejaw. No need to give them away for $135!

Boozer
    BPL Member

@anywayoutside

Locale: South East

I can only imagine the equation works this way –

Say 20 bags (maybe) @ $180 ea wholesale + shipping to MJ + shipping to customer = Avg $190 ea

Selling @ $150 so we'll say an average lose of $40 per bag.

$40 by 20 bags is $800 loss, which will be written off & managed to be amazingly inexpensive advertising.

How many times will you surf through Moosejaw.com hoping for a screaming good deal?

Ashley Brown

@ashleyb

How many times will you surf through Moosejaw.com hoping for a screaming good deal?

Ha, guilty as charged! After that first $150 sale I hit the website about 10 times in the next month checking whether any more had become available.

Admittedly I didn't really cruise around the rest of the moosejaw site though. Just kept hitting the summerlite page ;-)

Tom Caldwell
    BPL Member

@coldspring

Locale: Ozarks

"Admittedly I didn't really cruise around the rest of the moosejaw site though. Just kept hitting the summerlite page ;-"

And wonder if anyone got caught up in not getting one and then became frustrated enough to use a coupon code to buy one of the other WM bags? I couldn't find any coupon codes that worked on WM today.

Ashley Brown

@ashleyb

I guess providing they are only offloading a small number of bags the 'advertising' benefit may well outweigh the costs. There's a lot to me said for word of mouth advertising through forums, and a hot sale certainly gets the forums talking and gives a website plenty of exposure.

Patrick Caulder
    BPL Member

@pcaulder

Got a shipping notice at 9:18PM :)

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

got mine (shipping notice) this evening as well :)

also @ moosejaw this evening I scored a Petzel e+lite for $4.95! I tried getting two, but at the end of the checkout they said there was only one- still a ~ $30 light for $5 isn't too shabby :D

Mike

Boozer
    BPL Member

@anywayoutside

Mike, You sure that was the actual e+lite headlamp and not the e+lite flashing signal?

Anonymous
    Inactive

"Say 20 bags (maybe) @ $180 ea wholesale + shipping to MJ + shipping to customer = Avg $190 ea

Selling @ $150 so we'll say an average lose of $40 per bag.

$40 by 20 bags is $800 loss, which will be written off & managed to be amazingly inexpensive advertising."

This is starting to sound like Milo Minderbinder more and more with each successive post.

Boozer
    BPL Member

@anywayoutside

Well, Tom, to the best of my knowledge these bags do not come covered in chocolate, but you may want to contact Moosejaw for greater detail.

Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

Yes but the advertisment only lasted a few minutes.

the rest of us got the shaft and I am think, why shop there, if I will never be able to get that deal anyway?

Kimberly Wersal
    BPL Member

@kwersal

Locale: Western Colorado

I don't believe for a minute that this is a mistake. They had this same type of pricing a few months ago– I actually got one of the bags to show up in my shopping cart, but, by the time I got halfway thru the check-out process, it had disappeared from my cart. Aaargh! So close and yet so far. Very frustrating.

Ashley Brown

@ashleyb

I thought originally they were just clearing out the last of the 09 summer stock, but then it's kind of weird that they would send someone an email saying the price was a mistake.

Patrick Caulder
    BPL Member

@pcaulder

Kimberly, The same thing happened to me the first time too.

sheila o
    BPL Member

@bumpass

Locale: The Far Left Coast? : /

Sean,
    On the Bing site, they will give a range. At backcountry I recently received 25% additional off my sale price item. It's range is 16-44% at backcountry, BC outlet 24-44%, moosejaw 20-24%, and altrec 24-25%. So yes, you know, but only the range. Hope that helps also.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

Jonathan said "Mike, You sure that was the actual e+lite headlamp and not the e+lite flashing signal?"

yup- headlamp :D I had two in my cart, one got the boot, but still got one

Mike

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools