Topic

My 1.8 oz mesh waist pack…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear My 1.8 oz mesh waist pack…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gary Boyd

@debiant

Locale: Mid-west

So, I don't really want to carry my water on my back or in a side pocket because it's not easy accessible to me… here's my really basic and not at all refined solution.

I took a mesh harness bag for my son's Black Diamond Whiz Kid, which weighs 1.2 oz, and two toy biners at .3 oz each. I just clip them where ever on my hip belt. I have room in it to keep my 2+ l platy and a trail guide and I still have room for more junk… It is still over an ounce lighter than a bladder. Here are a few pictures. Like I said very basic, but serves my purpose.

Front ViewI only have to detach one biner to drink, and I don't have to remove the platy.

I only have to detach one biner to drink from the platy without removing it from the mesh bag.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

I don't see how you can detach only one biner and lift the water container high enough to drink from…without removing it from the mesh bag.

Gary Boyd

@debiant

Locale: Mid-west

that I can drink from a platy that has enough water to push out, once it gets down to the dregs I will probably have to remove the bladder or unclip both biners.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools