Topic

Waterproof and shock proof

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Waterproof and shock proof

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Olympus a few days ago have announced the new Stylus 720SW. Similar to the other thin cameras (Sony T-Nikon S1/2/3-Minolta X1) 3x zoom ,7 MP BUT waterproof to 9″ and shock proof to military standards (?), can be dropped from aroun 4″ !!!!! AND less than 5OZ inc card and batteries. As soon as I get one I will post a mini review.
    Franco

Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

Locale: Northernish California

Franco beat me to the punch, and will beat me to the retailers as well :-)

Here’s the maker’s info–this camera’s clearly a step up from the justly popular Optio WPi:

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1225

It’s very, very compact, metal-skinned and 5.3 oz w/o battery and card. I don’t especially like the zoom range beginning at a not-at-all wide 38mm eq., and the fact that Olympus continues to require their cards to do panorama stitching. Worse, there’s no optical viewfinder and no TIFF or RAW modes.

But for the adventurous, the clumsy and the unfortunate, the shock proofing and water/dustproofing, combined w/ 7 meg imaging are quite attractive.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

I am a retailer……….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools