Topic

Wherecan I get Ziploc in long lengths?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Wherecan I get Ziploc in long lengths?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rog Tallbloke
    BPL Member

@tallbloke

Locale: DON'T LOOK DOWN!!

Anyone?

I'd like to find out if Ziploc or a similar product is available in long rolls or at least longer pieces than found on bags.

Thanks

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Rog,
    Do you want a 100 cm 'zipper'
    or a 100 cm long bag with a 10 cm zipper?

Rog Tallbloke
    BPL Member

@tallbloke

Hi Greg,
    I'm notafter bags, just the zipper part, but just the push together type stuff with no moving zipper pull. I want to make a removeable mesh skirt for my Gatewood cape. A continuous roll I could cut to required lengths would be ideal.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Roger,

Seems to me that long pieces of plastic zippers would have a lot of fiddle factor, and might me troublesome in cold weather?

How about some well placed pieces of velcro?

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

I know that zippac can supply that, but do not know if there are minimums and stuff like that, you'd have to call them. I'd be interested in where you get it from if in fact you can source it.

Just googling "ziploc closure" gave me this link…they're in the UK, but again I see a 3000m number there…worth a try anyway.

http://www.logismarket.co.uk/celulosas-vascas/zip-lock-closure-in-roll/1239348680-345915105-p.html

Rog Tallbloke
    BPL Member

@tallbloke

Nick, velcro gets caught in the mesh and damages it when you pull it apart. In cold weather the bugs stay home, and so will the skirt. :-)

Steve, thanks, but I hope their roll weight is missing a decimal point! 8g a metre sounds more like it for 10mm wide plastic. I'll see if an offcut might be available.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools