Topic

Golite Virga Fit (Women’s)?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Golite Virga Fit (Women’s)?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sharon Bingham
    BPL Member

@cowboisgirl-2

Locale: Southwest

Do any of the women on this forum have a Virga?

I intend to buy one, but I haven't been able to find one in a store to try on, so I'll have to buy online. I've looked at their size charts, but I'm dubious. By Golite's Size charts, I should be a Medium. But by Icebreaker's charts, I should be a small, and I found a small to be quite large on me. So I never really trust size charts.

Anyone have experience with Golite's size charts and whether or not they tend to be true to size?

Barbara Karagosian
    Spectator

@barbara

Locale: So Cal

I have a Virga womens XL. I usually wear a 10 or 12 in regular woman's sizes. This is not a tight or "athletic" fit, but just right for me. I think Golite runs a teeny bit small.

Elena Lee
    BPL Member

@lenchik101

Locale: Pacific Northwest (USA)

I usually wear size small or extra small, depending on manufacturer. Icebreaker small is slightly bigger than I want, so I switched to their extra small. But it's a base layer, so it should fit close to skin for best results.
    I have Virga in size small, and I have Esther is size XS. Both fit fine. I personally prefer longer sleeves, so I can tuck my hands into jacket. Plus if i wear a down coat underneath it, it works perfectly with size small for me, and I don't know if i should go any smaller. So I think go with your regular size, GoLite is pretty true to size.

Elena Lee
    BPL Member

@lenchik101

Locale: Pacific Northwest (USA)

if this helps you, my size is
    33 inches (chest)
    27 inches (waist)
    35.5 inches (hip)

and I am 159 cm tall

Virga – small

Sharon Bingham
    BPL Member

@cowboisgirl-2

Locale: Southwest

Thanks SO much for the feedback ladies! :)

The measurements help quite a bit. I'm mostly concerned about fit through the chest.

I also wear a XS in the Icebreaker line for tops, because they are otherwise cut too loosely, but they are also stretchy, so the fit is more forgiving.

I'm 5'4" (~162cm), 120lbs, 37" bust, 29" waist, 39" hips…

I usually have the issue in, say, fitted shirts, of things fitting perfect in the waist and hips and too tightly in the bust. Or, the inverse if the bust fits comfortably.

So I usually accommodate the bust measurement first in things like jackets so that there's enough room for loft in my insulating layer if I need to layer it.

I wish there were a store nearby that carried the Virga (I'm in Tucson/Phoenix area if anyone knows of one). I think I'll probably end up with the Medium, unless someone with a Small can comment on room in the chest on the Smalls…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools