Topic

I think this is right-walking question

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
PostedJun 9, 2009 at 7:59 am

I'm trying to join the Royal Navy, but because of a past medical issue the navy doc decided I have to walk at least 20-30 miles a week for 2 months in military issue boots- which, for the record, arrived today so I laced them up and swapped the insoles for some leather ones and they seem OK.

To build up the miles I'm walking back home from work 3 times a week-7 miles/90 minutes. However, I also want to add in a more taxing route of 52 miles in a weekend every fortnight.

The route I have planned is along a main road, but there are some parts that branch off one smaller roads that go through a bit of moorland. I'm far from the outdoorsy walking type (but I am a runner :P) so I'm not sure whether I should actually take a stove, emergency shelter and other stuff with me when I'm not venturing far off into the moorland of North Yorkshire.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Loading...