Topic

Heinekein Can Pot and wood stove Cookset

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Heinekein Can Pot and wood stove Cookset

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Troy Ammons
    BPL Member

@tammons

Finally got it into a nested package. Been carrying this stuff in a bag.

Its not SUL but it works, and there are ways you could lose a few more OZ.

Weighs 11.6 oz as shown
    Just the pop bottle, stove, pot and pot stand weigh 5.8 oz.

List – not in any order
    Heineken Pot 24
    Heineken stove
    pot support
    pot lifter
    titanium spork
    plastic dish soup container
    cooking bag cozy
    Soap
    Fire starter
    mini bic
    2 qt pop bottle and 2 plastic bags

Photobucket

Looking down. Anything I dont care about smelling like smoke goes into the wood gas stove/can and in a bag.

Inner bag contains the stove, soap and lighter. That goes in the Heineken pot that is only used for boiling water. Stuffed in along the side is a sigg pot lifter, titanium spork, and fire starter. The pot stand wraps around and the plastic cup for tea etc goes on top. That assembly is put into a gallon freezer bag. The cozy is put into the 2L pop bottle bottom,then the entire bagged cookset goes inside that. A top made from another 2L pop bottle bottom is used as a cap for the works. There is a little more room for some other stuff too.

The pop bottle bottoms can be use as water scoopers, etc.

Photobucket

Packed…

Photobucket

Mike J.

@uniondhaka

Locale: It changes.

Those pot grips are the business. After years of playing around tying bits of wire to my cups and pots, I finally picked one of them up at a 2nd hand shop a few days ago.
    Almost as good as the 10 cent corkscrew I got years ago!

Actually very easy to MYO with strong enough wire and a pair of plyers.

Troy Ammons
    BPL Member

@tammons

I was thinking about drilling them out to make them lighter, but I bought that pair something like 30 years ago and they are Sigg. Figured I better leave them as is.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools