Topic

what pot for a soda can stove?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear what pot for a soda can stove?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ben Abelman
    Spectator

@gadgetmanben

I made a soda can stove with another soda can around the edge that i made into a pot stand. i know it really doesn't make any sense, but the way it turned out is that the pot stand is too big for a beer can stove it's exactly the size of the outer diameter of the soda can. any suggestions for a pot to use with it?

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Generally you will get more efficiency out of a wider pot ( the exceptions are custom made set ups such as the Caldera Cone…), so something like this one is often suggested :
    http://www.antigravitygear.com/proddetail.php?prod=MK3CNS

Franco

Mark McLauchlin
    BPL Member

@markmclauchlin

Locale: Western Australia

The MSR Titan Kettle works well with the soda stoves that I have made.

Matthew Roberts

@matthewjamesroberts

Locale: San Fernando Valley

I second the titan kettle.

It's a fantastic size for freezer bag cooking for solo or 2 person trips.

Remember, however, that aluminum transfers heat better than titanium. Even though a titanium pot is more durable, an inexpensive aluminum pot (ie. Walmart's Grease pot http://zenstoves.net/Pots.htm) may transfer the heat better. This translates to more efficient fuel use.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools