Topic

RSS Feeds

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mark McLauchlin
    BPL Member

@markmclauchlin

Locale: Western Australia

Hi,
    Is it possible to forum updates/post via RSS? I can only see the major highlights.

If not can we put it on the to-do list?

Cheers

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Mark,

I don't follow you line of questioning. Are you asking if there is a way to create an RSS feed from forum posts?

– Sam

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

Sam, that's how I'm reading it.

Justin McMinn

@akajut

Locale: Central Oklahoma

Expanding the number of RSS feeds would be very helpful. It would be nice if there was an RSS feed that would list all of the new threads in the forums or to be able to get all of the new threads in a particular topic. For instance, I would want to check the Gear Deals feed frequently at work so that I could get gear before my size sells out. On the other hand, maybe I would check the Photography topic feed only on the weekends, since it isn't as time sensitive. RSS is an easy way to keep track of what you have or haven't read and if I only have time to check out half the threads/posts from today, then I can easily tell which threads/posts I haven't read when I open my RSS reader tomorrow. The "Recent Posts" or "New Posts Since…" works, but its a hassle to click "Next" button 25 times to get to those threads/posts that I didn't have the time to read 4 days ago. The other frustration with the recent posts is that you have to wade through all of the other topics that you may not be interested in. If someone isn't interested in MYOG/Philmont/Fishing/The Gun Debate of the Week, they still have to spend time wading through the posts to get to the ones they really are interested in reading. It would be easier to just subscribe to the topics you are interested in and not have to deal with the other stuff. Right now, I'm wondering how much good information I have missed because it got lost in a sea of posts.

Other ideas for feeds would be new store items, restocked store items, "in low supply" items, new reviews, new gear lists, etc.

I hope that makes sense. I can clarify or give some other scenarios if need be.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools