Topic

f-lite 250

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) f-lite 250

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jonathan hauptman

@6hauptman6

Locale: A white padded room in crazy town.

What does everyone think of the new inov 8 f-lite 250 shoe? Anyone thimk it will be tough enough for serious long distance hiking? Thru-hiking? Or will it be cursed to roam the world of the day hiker!!! I now use a pair of flyrocs and they have proven themselves as true trail warriors, but I would love to check these out if they can hold up to the unforgiving scrutiny of the BPL fanatic! Anyway what do you think at first impression, trail blazer or couch patatoes friend!

Woubeir (from Europe)
    BPL Member

@woubeir

It’s hard to say how suitable these shoes will be, since they’re not even available yet. The user matrix at the Inov-8 website suggests that the F-lite is more focused on racing.
    Some months ago, I mailed Inov-8 about what they were seeing as the most appropriate shoe for backpacking, mentioning what RJ said in a side by side comparison of the Terroc and the Vitesse II in following thread
    http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/273/index.html?skip_to_post=3354#3354
    They suggested the new Roclite 315 which should have a bit more cushioning and support while staying true to the Inov-8 mantra of bare foot running.

Woubeir (from Europe)
    BPL Member

@woubeir

It’s hard to say how suitable these shoes will be, since they’re not even available yet. The user matrix at the Inov-8 website suggests that the F-lite is more focused on racing.
    Some months ago, I mailed Inov-8 about what they were seeing as the most appropriate shoe for backpacking, mentioning what RJ said in a side by side comparison of the Terroc and the Vitesse II in following thread
    http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/273/index.html?skip_to_post=3354#3354
    They suggested the new Roclite 315 which should have a bit more cushioning and support while staying true to the Inov-8 mantra of bare foot running.

Mark Verber
    BPL Member

@verber

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I would bet that you are looking at several pairs on a long trial. I am only getting around 400 miles out of the 310 before I have mostly trashed them. I will be interested in hearing how the 250s work out for folks, though I doubt I will give them a try. While I love the 310s, the 270’s toe box is too narrow. The 250 (from the pictures I have seen) seems more like the 270 than the 310.

–mark

btw: I have not seen the 250

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools