Topic

Ideas for a 50 Miler in northern California?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Scouting Backpacking Light with Scouts Ideas for a 50 Miler in northern California?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Walter Underwood
    BPL Member

@wunder

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I'm doing some research for our venture patrol on possible routes for a 50 miler in mid-August. I expect that the wilderness permits are full from Whitney all the way up to Yosemite, so I've been looking elsewhere.

So far, I've got three possibilities, a loop around the Emigrant Wilderness, a segment of the PCT from Echo Summit to Soda Springs (along the Tahoe rim), or something in the Trinity Alps.

We have a crew on the young side, 13-15, but in great shape and worked well together on Skyline to the Sea. It will be the first long backpack for any of the Scouts, though one has been on a 9-day canoe trip at Northern Tier.

Wide open to suggestions. We are in Palo Alto, near San Jose.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools