Topic

Katadyn Pocket Filter

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Katadyn Pocket Filter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Michael Cockrell

@cal-ee-for-nia

Locale: Central Valley, Lodi-Stockton, CA

So, on my way to swapping out my old hiking gear to newer stuff, lighter.

BUT . . . my MSR Miniworks has been rebuilt by me several times, still have to deal with clogging, and ALMOST got stuck with a full failure several times.

Luckily, I go to REI, due to their return policy.

I bought a Steripen Adventurer, but returned (without using) it after all the reviews about battery removal after each use, filtering, etc.

Even bought the new MSR Hyperflow, returned it (without use) after the continued reviews of filter problems.

So, if I really am concerned about going out with a "full trust" in my filter, what is wrong with the extra weight of the Katadyn Pocket Filter, 20oz, if I know that I am getting water in all conditions?

Especially if your with several kids?

I mean, the extra weight is forgotten if your other pump just died, and along way from your car.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools