Topic

Brooks Cascadia 4 vs. Montrail Highlanders

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Other Activities Brooks Cascadia 4 vs. Montrail Highlanders

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

I'm due for some new trail runners soon, mine have about 250-300 miles or so on them and I've been looking at some Montrail Highlanders, primarily because they are on sale @ 6pm.com. They seem neutral in their design and simple, I mostly run on desert single track and loose rock, so breathability and durability are important. Does anyone have experience with these? They are almost like racing flats, with the cleated sole, would be good solely for running off road for sure which is ok. Just a note, I'm a flat foot with a medium volume foot.

The other more expensive alternative that I'm looking at is the Brooks Cascadia 4, these seem similar to the Montrail Highlanders. I've read great things about this model, a good all around shoe that is great on and off trail. Anyone have experience with these?

I trail run 3 times a week averaging about 4-6 miles, short and fast, and I run treadmill 3 times a week during my strength building workouts, so I'm not looking right now for a shoe geared toward the distance runner, stability isn't really an issue with me either. I don't plan on using these shoes on backpacking trips as well. Thanks for the help.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools