Topic

Washington PCT Aug 09

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Washington PCT Aug 09

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bob Mitchell

@mountabbey

Locale: San Diego

I'm planning on walking north starting at the Oregon border sometime during the first week of August. My pace will be around 15 m/day, increasing up to ~20. Interested in joining me – for a section or the whole thing?

I hope to be in Manning Park on Sept 4. The end date us about the only absolute.

I hiked the Oregon PCT in 97 and so I'm not worried about going solo but my wife has suggested I look for a hiking partner.

I'm always open to receive advice. My primary questions are gear related — I need a new water filter (and the SteriPen seems like a good bet), I'd like alternatives to multiple camera batteries but the Brunton SolarRoll seems a bit crazy, and maps.

Thanks and happy trails.
    bob

Jared Cook

@rooinater

Locale: Northwet

I don't get out of summer quarter till the 14th of august or I'd definitely think about it. Since I was planning a section J and or possibly section K hike this summer anyhow, shortly after I get out of college for the summer. I was going to hike them south if I got the opportunity, but might be able to meet and do a section or 2. 15 miles should be fine for me as long as I stretch alot, I was planning on working up to 20 this summer anyhow. I can't completely commit yet though.

Jared Cook

@rooinater

Locale: Northwet

as for maps
    http://www.greentrailsmaps.com/

I just use ClO2 tablets for water.

where you located?

Bob Mitchell

@mountabbey

Locale: San Diego

Let me know as we get closer. -bob

Chris Iberle

@marmot84

Hi Bob,

I am doing my final prep for my first thru-hike of Washington starting August 5th around Panther Creek, and planning on ending Sept. 4th in Manning Park as well. I'm also looking at 15+ mile days to start, and then a few 20 as well, along with a few days off sprinkled in to camp with friends.

In any case, if you get this before departing and want to hike together for a bit, let me know. It's my first long-distance solo hike, so some company might be good!

Thanks,
    chris/marmot

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools