Topic

Scotland

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Photo Gallery Scotland

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Martin Rye
    BPL Member

@rye1966

Locale: UK

I thought I would share a few photos from a recent walk in the Cairngorms in Scotland.Summit of BraeriachGlen EinicheOn the tops

Diplomatic Mike

@mikefaedundee

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland

As part of a 3 day walk last weekend, i climbed the hill you are looking at from the cornice, Sgor an Lochan Uaine (Translates as 'peak of the little green lake')This view is looking down at the little lake you can see in your photo Martin.Looking down at the little lake from the summit
    Here is a view looking up at the summit from near the lake.Looking up at the summit
    Waking up at nearby Loch nan Stuirteag the following morning.Morning tea.

Martin Rye
    BPL Member

@rye1966

Nice Mike. It is a fine place. I put some more photos on my Flickr page. Link to them on my blog if you want a look. Put more of your stuff on here Mike. Good stuff.

Fred eric
    BPL Member

@fre49

Locale: France, vallée de la Loire

thanks for the photos
    less than one month since our hike but i already miss Scotland :)

i ll be back :)

Jim MacDiarmid
    BPL Member

@jrmacd

Wonderful pictures. I have Scottish blood via my paternal Grandfather. Been once, on my post college backpacking trip. I hiked in the hills around Aviemore, having taken the train down from Inverness for the day. A wet and rainy Scottish May, I'll have to go home and dig up my pictures. If I find some decent ones, I'll try to scan them in.

I also tried Ben Nevis, but I was recovering from a pretty nasty case of what I think was food poisoning (bad piece of fish, I think). There was much scrambling behind rocks and dropping trou at a moments notice. Needless to say, didn't make it to the top.

The Pentland Hills as well. However, being American, I was unaware that I was allowed to climb the stiles over fencing, so I thought I was following the directions in my guidebook wrong and gave up. Climbing a fence in America is a recipe for getting a gun pointed in your direction. We take our private property very seriously here.

One of the ways I'm consoling myself on my upcoming move from San Francisco to NYC is knowing I'll be a shorter plane flight to the ancestral lands. Perhaps a backpacking trip will be in my future.

William Puckett

@beep

Locale: Land of 11, 842 lakes

My wife and I have done two Scotland trips, staying in B&B's while day-hiking (aka hill walking)in the Highlands. Love the countryside and the people we met were very welcoming. Great trips! Plan for rain and wind…and wet feet.

Here are a couple of pics. This first is near Loch Affric. The second is far north Sutherland.
    Loch Affric

Scotland

Rog Tallbloke
    BPL Member

@tallbloke

Locale: DON'T LOOK DOWN!!

Taken a few years ago with a 1.3MP camera.

Buchaille Etive Mor from the Rannoch Moor road
    .Buchaille Etive Mor

Glencoe Folk Museum, re-thatched by my friend Bodo Clausen.
    .Glencoe folk museum

Rhum from Glenuig
    .Rhum

Fred eric
    BPL Member

@fre49

Locale: France, vallée de la Loire

Après l'effort…. le récomfort :

2007 :
    tali

2009 :
    oban

with a prefrence for 2007 dram :)

Martin Rye
    BPL Member

@rye1966

This is getting good. More from my latest walk.Scotland

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools