Topic

Since Cytomax Recovery is being phased out by Cytosport, what is ideal Cytosport Recovery replacement?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Since Cytomax Recovery is being phased out by Cytosport, what is ideal Cytosport Recovery replacement?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Roleigh Martin
    BPL Member

@marti124

Locale: Founder & Lead Moderator, https://www.facebook.com/groups/SierraNorthPCThikers

About 5 years ago on the High Sierra Trail, a group of ladies in their sixties doing the entire 9 day HST hike were zipping along with hefty packs. They said one of their secrets was using the Cytosport (company name) Cytomax Recovery Drink. This drink is still being sold today but no longer being manufactured, I contacted the manufacturer and got suggestions for a replacement. I have studied their ingredients and the spreadsheet at this link shows my findings.

Every two hours on the trail, I make a replenishment drink to re-energize me, it consists of a 1/2 doze of the Cytomax drink recovery powder, a package of Emergen-C Heart Health Black Cherry Powder, and 1 energy drink (alka-seltzer type/fizz) tablet from SuperFlyEnergy.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Roleigh,
    While you're at it, you might consider evaluating either Hammer's Perpetuem and Recoverite or First Endurance's EFS and Ultragen. Both are, IMO, offer very well thought out "on the move" energy replacement and "end of day" recovery products.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools