Topic

Great Sand Dunes, NP (5/29 – 6/1) Partner or Suggestions

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Great Sand Dunes, NP (5/29 – 6/1) Partner or Suggestions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tim Drescher
    BPL Member

@timdcy

Locale: Gore Range

Planning on a last minute trip to the Great Sand Dunes / Sange De Cristo mountain range this weekend. The plan is to start off on the Sand Ramp trail Friday morning and make it to either the Cold or Sand Creek camping areas the first night. (Or just take a stroll into the dunes and pitch a tent). The next day I’d like to start the approach to the Sand Creek Lakes, via the Sand Creek trail.

Through Monday the trip hasn’t been planned so I’m open to any other suggestions.

James Dubendorf
    Spectator

@dubendorf

Locale: CO, UT, MA, ME, NH, VT

If you have some extra time in the area, Valley View Hot Springs is worth a look.

http://www.olt.org/

Nothing like hot springs after a long day of hiking. Clothing, however, is definitely optional, so it might not be everyone's cup of tea.

James

Christopher Chupka

@fattexan

Locale: NTX

You could take the back valley way up into the Crestone area. Peak and the Needle are Class 3 climbs but a lot of fun.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools