Topic

MIlkman no more?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition MIlkman no more?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Tim Cheek
    BPL Member

@hikerfan4sure

E gads, I'm at a loss! They don't make it anymore?

What do use now?

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

We use Carnation or Nido or Soy Milk Powder.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

I recently found Nestles INSTANT Full Cream PM. And it real does dissolve very quickly in cold water.

Cheers

Bob Bankhead
    BPL Member

@wandering_bob

Locale: Oregon, USA

The last run of Milkman was January 2008. Even if you managed to find some in some long-forgotten storeroom, it would be way past shelf life.

Time to move on………

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Sadly they closed the plant as mentioned above….

On the other hand, half NIDO and half non fat works pretty well! You can also get full fat from PackitGourmet by NIDO and another brand :-)

Sarah Welton

@campgirl

We did a blog entry on powdered milk (and eggs) awhile back. We didn't carry Nido at the time but have since added it to the site. It's one of my favorites with the other being Nature's First.

Peter Burke

@fishmonger

Locale: Midwest

I grabbed some Nido in the "ethnic isle" at our supermarket – half price promotion ($2 per can). Doesn't -dissolve as well as Milkman, but it beats the non-fat stuff by a mile.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Peter, I have found that in recipes warm water works well with full fat milk. If you get clumps in cold recipes, us a spork to beat it good – or really shake the milk up.

daniel pearson

@marronfoods

Due to the overwhelming response to the sudden end of the product known as Milkman, our company (Marron Foods) has decided to take over the production and distribution of this product. Our plan is to have it back on the market sometime this summer. For more information, please contact me at [email protected].

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Very good news indeed….

Be sure to let us know when it is on the shelves – a lot of hikers will be waiting to hear this.

Peggy McGuinness

@milkmansback

Marron Foods is very pleased to reintroduce Milkman Lowfat Dry Milk, an old favorite of millions of hikers, bikers, and cooks who can’t get enough of its rich taste and smooth consistency. We love your enthusiasm for this product and, because of your loyalty and devotion, Marron Foods has worked hard to preserve the Milkman you remember – right down to the packaging. Milkman is available today at packitgourment.com. As we work toward making Milkman more available in more places, we will keep you informed. In the meantime, enjoy the lowfat dry milk with "the kiss of cream!"

John Devitt
    BPL Member

@cabana

Locale: Colorado

I recieved a sample of Milkman, and it is like I remembered. So much so, that I am taking a look at changing my resupply boxes' menu contents. Thank you for the sample, and I will be letting NIDO go.
    Regards,
    John

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

Will there be a whole milk version?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools