Topic

Problem with BPL contest spreadsheet

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique Problem with BPL contest spreadsheet

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jesse H.
    BPL Member

@tacedeous

Locale: East Bay, CA

so i downloaded this awesome looking spreadsheet:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/2005_trip_planning_spreadsheet_contest_winners.html

the problem i have is modifying items in the "gear list" to "yes" doesn't change anything in the "packing list" Ive installed the necessary add-ons but nothing… what am i doing wrong?

also weights on "pack list" are list as "N/A" on their totals…??

im sure its simple… im just not understanding how to filter i think…

BTW, im using excel '07

Mark Mendell
    BPL Member

@mmendell

Locale: Midwest

It sounds like you don't have the analysis toolpack up and running. Double check to see that you do. Make sure on the options page that you have the options selected that you want.

When you add rows to the gear list, don't forget to "drag" the formatting of the rows above down.

Lastly, make certain that you "select all" and "sort" after you've made changes to the gear lists.

It's a great spreadsheet, but can be a bit fiddly at first.

Ultralite Hiker
    Spectator

@ultralite

There is an option on the options tab that you have to change to NO to make it so that whatever is set to NO in the gear closet doenst show in the drop down.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools