Topic

feature request

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ashley Brown

@ashleyb

When submitting a new post at the end of a multi-page thread, why are we redirected to the beginning page of the thread?

Most people want to see where their post has appeared, so the "submit" button should redirect us to the end of the thread (actually, the new post at the end of the thread).

Is there some technical reason why this isn't possible? (eg. database needs a second to update, and if you redirect too early the posted message doesn't appear?)

If not, can it be arranged? It would be far better, and save a bit of bandwidth too.

Thanks, A

Ashley Brown

@ashleyb

Also, is it really necessary to force people to wait 30 seconds before they can edit their posts?

I realise that a 30 second limit between posts is there to discourage 'robots' posting spam, but is there a way to let people *edit* there posts as soon as they want to?

I know that I often want to change a word here or there after posting, so I click edit, change the word and then try and resubmit and get the big, red error warning. Kinda annoying, and if this could be fixed it would be great!

=-)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools