Topic

Speaking of Real Eggs in a Bag…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Speaking of Real Eggs in a Bag…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Monty Montana
    BPL Member

@tarasbulba

Locale: Rocky Mountains

You probably won't believe me if I told you that bacon and eggs can be cooked over hot coals in a paper bag, so check out the video at Backpacker.com. Incredible! I've long forsaken open fires but maybe I'll try this on my BB. Or in the back yard.

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

We did that with a cake back when I was in 4-H (it was an "outdoor living" course). It was pretty neat. Same principle as parchment paper really.

Jesse H.
    BPL Member

@tacedeous

Locale: East Bay, CA

thats awesome, I gotta try this next time im car camping, surprise my buddies

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

Cake would be way cool. I'll have to find those instructions.

Tom Caldwell
    BPL Member

@coldspring

Locale: Ozarks

Before you try impressing your buddies, practice. I used to do this with canned biscuits included. Toss in your bacon on the bottom, crack open the eggs and pour in, then set the biscuits on top. It does take patience and you have to get the heat just right. It always seemed like half the egg stuck to the paper, and you had to peel off the bacon.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools