Topic

Need info on Cedar Roughs trail in Napa County

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Need info on Cedar Roughs trail in Napa County

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    JohnB
    BPL Member

@777zzz

I want to hike to Cedar Roughs where the stand of Sergeant Cypress is in Napa County near Lake Berryessa. There is no clear trail to Cedar Roughs. Getting to Cedar Roughs requires two miles of bushwhacking on an ill-defined trail. The trail leading to Cedar Roughs is not on any map I’ve seen, so I want at least the coordinates of the trailhead and possibly some waypoints on the trail. Has anyone hiked out to Cedar Roughs or know where the trail is who can give me some info on the trail? I know how to get across Pope Creek. I have crossed it several times both from old Pope Canyon Road and at the location further upstream to the small trail that leads to the Jeep trail, but I don’t know where the trailhead of the trail that leads to Cedar Roughs is. I can’t see on any map any obvious trail route. Everything looks steep. Technically, Cedar Roughs includes several areas around the 6350 acre area where the Sergeant Cypress are located. I am trying to get to the 6350 acre area. Thanks for any replies.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools