Has anyone been on this trail lately? How is the snow?
Thanks
Topic
Eagle Creek / Wahtum Lake Loop?
Become a member to post in the forums.
- This topic is empty.
http://www.portlandhikers.org/ –check out recent trip reports on their forum.
Snowmelt levels seem to be running about 3,000 feet right now–lower in canyons, higher in exposed places. Although we haven't had quite the amount of snow we had last year, it's still above average. We have had a cold wet spring similar to last year's. It snowed down to the 3,000 foot level in the Columbia River Gorge on Tuesday. It is melting, though; the Greenpoint Mountain snotel (3310 feet in the upper Gorge) shows 20 inches left as of today.
I'd plan to wait 2-3 weeks for this trip. If you've planned it for Memorial Day weekend, expect pretty solid snow above 3,000-3,300 feet and take a GPS so you can more easily find the trail.
Thanks Mary, I thought I posted a thank you last month but it never got posted. We decided to wait on the trip and are going next weekend.
Become a member to post in the forums.

