Topic

nanoseem mesh

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) nanoseem mesh

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jonathan hauptman

@6hauptman6

Locale: A white padded room in crazy town.

I was just wondering why no one uses nanoseem mesh for their products instead of noseem mesh(one third the weight). I was wondering if anyone else has tried it for their gear or clothing and simply found it to be to weak or hard to work with or whatever. I personally have used it for evrything from bug hats, shirts, gloves, nests for under my tarp, replaced the bug netting in my nano bivy with it, etc… I find it fairly easy to work with and the weight factor pulls my heart strings! What are anyone elses experiences with the stuff. Thru-hiker carries it nice and cheap by the yard.

Robert Patton

@rpatton911

Im not familiar with it but would love to hear further feedback as well.

Rob

Vick Hines

@vickrhines

Locale: Central Texas

Agreed,
    I’ve been replacing regular noseeum net with Thruhiker’s nonoseeum net as I get around to it, and using it for sleeping bag baffels. It seems at least as strong as the regular netting but softer. It IS tighter, and seems to let less air through. That could be a problem in hot climes. Anything that slows air flow is a problem in the torrid zones – even old style skeeter net.

Michael Demchak

@mikey

Locale: new england

i’ve used this netting on my Meteor bivy and i cant think of one negative. its very light, more then strong enough, it stretches a little, but only in 1 direction. it sews fine and will deffintly keep out all forms of bugs. my only warning would be to keep it away from the pointy side of velcro… it has a field day with the stuff.
    mike!

Jeff Dell
    BPL Member

@skysappr

Locale: South East

Where can you get this miracle mesh from?

Mark W Heninger

@heninger

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Thru-hiker.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools