Topic

JMT, 11 days, 20 mi/day, Aug 4, southbond

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips JMT, 11 days, 20 mi/day, Aug 4, southbond

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Paul Spencer
    BPL Member

@bendbackpacker

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I am looking for partners to hike the Muir Trail in 11 days starting on August 4th, southbound. Due to lack of permits I am planning to get a walk-in for either Happy Isles or Lyell Canyon (Tuolumne). If it is Lyell I will "day hike" from Happy Isles to there.

My plan is to resupply at Tuolumne, Red's Meadow and Muir Trail Ranch.

If necessary I can shift the dates a little if I know soon enough.

This will be my second hike of the JMT. I first completed it in 2004 with my wife in 12 days. Since I spent a lot of time waiting for her to catch up I'm pretty confident I can shave off at least one day, hiking an additional 2 miles per day.

Paul Spencer
    BPL Member

@bendbackpacker

I just found that they are accepting packages.

http://www.redsmeadow.com/pdf/PackagePickUp.pdf

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

you can re-supply at Reds Meadow as well as Vermillion Ranch

Paul Spencer
    BPL Member

@bendbackpacker

I used Muir Trail ranch my first time on the JMT and it worked very well. Vermillion is too far of a side trip in my opinion. Muir Trail Ranch also works better as a final resupply because it is further down the trail.

Matthew Parker

@mparker20

Locale: SoCal

My wife and i will be finishing up our 21 day hike on Aug 16 I am guessing you will pass us around Forester, asy Hi as you go by.
    -Matt

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools