Topic

Hanging Packs

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Darren Douglas

@cutter

Locale: Eastern Kansas. Not much here.

I've been hanging my backpack, with food in it, for years. I only hike 1-3 times a year. Where I hike, rodents is more of a concern then bears. So insted of leaving my pack on the ground and bagging my food, I hand the entire pack. Not an easy feat. But the need is the same; keep my food from being devoured by beasts other than my self, and keep my pack from having holes chewed in it. Am I being overly cautious about my backpack?

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Depends on where you hike really.

I keep my food in my Ursack and I am not in Grizzly area, so I sleep with my pack under my feet, food outside.

Works for me.

Darren Douglas

@cutter

Locale: Eastern Kansas. Not much here.

Since I don't keep my food in scent-free bags, I'm concerned smells left behind in my pack will be enough to attract rodents that never think to use a zipper to a pocket, but chew their one door to get in.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools