Topic

Hot night in Bugtown

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Reagan

@michaelreagan

Locale: Southern California

I'm looking for solutions to sleep in comfort under hot, buggy conditions while still going ultralight.

I'm always looking to keep my load as light as possible, so I am reluctant to pack the weight of a tent or screened hammock. I'd like a solution that is wispy light, yet really works. After that, if it's not too much trouble, I'd like world peace… :-)

Does anyone have any first-hand experience with gear that works under these circumstances?

Michael

Seth Tanner

@sethtan

oo

Adam Behr
    BPL Member

@justsomeguy

Confusingly, Six Moon Designs' "NetTent" is also called Serenity.

It weighs seven ounces and I've been happy with it, though I've only used it a handful of times. Most were under the Gatewood Cape, but once on its own as well.

There's room to sit up (barely) which is important to me. There are (somewhat) lighter options, but unobstructed views and room for some backcountry reading and writing make this my choice.

Here's a LINK

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools