Topic

Trail suggestions for 4 nights in Gila Wilderness

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Trail suggestions for 4 nights in Gila Wilderness

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Josh Davidson

@mears

At the end of the month, I’m planning on spending four nights in the Gila Wilderness and am looking for route recommendations. I’ll be taking an older dog so I won’t be booking it through the woods or covering a large number of miles each day. I’d say 6-8 miles/day is probably what I’ll shoot for.

The two points of interest I know I want to hit are Jordan Hot Springs and Turkey Creek Hot Springs. Not sure how far apart these are, but I’m willing to split up my stay into two mini-trips to incorporate both destinations. Any trail suggestions?

Ryan Hutchins

@ryan_hutchins

Locale: Somewhere out there

No Suggestions per say, but I just got back from the Gila and can say that Jordan hot springs are luke warm – tepid. Once you find the right hot springs in turkey creek, they are awesome. The two are somewhat far from each other, but I bet you could do it in about 4 days with the mileage you are talking about.

Josh Davidson

@mears

What did you mean by find the right hot spring in Turkey Creek?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools