Topic

cool idea which can replace your tipod

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography cool idea which can replace your tipod

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Huzefa @ Blue Bolt Gear
    Spectator

@huzefa

Locale: Himalayas
    Joseph Reeves
    Spectator

@umnak

Locale: Southeast Alaska

Very cool idea, though I bet a piece of plastic would work well for the base and would be, of course, lighter.

thanks

Ashley Brown

@ashleyb

Yes, this has been posted before on BPL.

Another interesting variation was suggested recently too: using your hiking pole as a monopod, attach three pieces of string and peg it into the ground to make 'tripod legs'. That way it is stable enough to use for long exposures or to put yourself in the picture. A bit slow to setup though so you wouldn't want to be doing it all the time. A nice option to have though.

te – wa
    BPL Member

@mikeinfhaz

Locale: Phoenix

i had a guy show me a beanbag monopod used to set your camera on a rock, stump, or other unlevel surface. Different approach than this trick, but a ripstop beanbag filled with lentil beans weighs 1oz.

Huzefa @ Blue Bolt Gear
    Spectator

@huzefa

Locale: Himalayas

Another variation which just came to my mind:

>Make a loop knot at both ends of a cord and attach the loop to each side of your camera. You simply place your foot in the middle of the cord. This way you can further eliminate any movement.

>By adding a cord lock you can also adjust the height.

Walter Carrington
    BPL Member

@snowleopard

Locale: Mass.

I've taken good pictures with a 300mm lens (35mm camera) supporting the camera on backpack plus sweater. I'll be getting my first camera with image stabilization tomorrow.

The posted idea might work very well for doing panorama photos with my new camera that has a panorama mode. The video claims it almost eliminates vertical motion and allows panning.
    –Walter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools