Topic

Easton 6″ stakes

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Easton 6″ stakes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Now that I have them, can anyone tell me what you think of them ?
    Has anyone changed to the 9″ type ?
    Franco

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

Yes (I think mine are 8″ – haven’t measured them, but the SMD website says 8″), for use with the SMD Lunar Solo ‘e’. However, the application benefits from them – should have used them from the start as Mr. Moak suggests. It’s not so much the holding power, but for properly pitching the canopy to provide increased air flow to reduce condensation while still maintaining a good bite in the ground.

Vick Hines

@vickrhines

Locale: Central Texas

I’ve played with 6 and 9 inch Eastons. The tubing is larger in diameter than most other stakes and disrupt the soil more when they go in. The 6 inchers often loosened the soil so much going in that they would not hold. The 9 inchers did OK. Hard to get in, though. They are more likely to need whacking instead of slipping in with hand pressure or a little judicious foot pressing. I have gone back to skinny stakes.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Thanks for your insight.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools