Topic

5 piece rod or 7 piece rod? lightweight holding case? Reel?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Fishing & Tenkara 5 piece rod or 7 piece rod? lightweight holding case? Reel?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jared Cook

@rooinater

Locale: Northwet

Okay, so since I'm back in Washington now I need to get another fly rod, since my 2 piece was stolen while I was in Arizona. This time I want to get a packable rod for hiking and fishing, since that's what I enjoy anyhow.

I haven't been fly fishing in nearly 5 years, so I need practice. But I'm trying to decide whether I should buy the Cabela's 7 piece or the 5 piece 6wt rod or full setup for river fishing and some lakes up in the high country. Any suggestions on Reels for backpacking with? or just get a cabela's combo already setup? Any suggestions on a lightweight case for carrying the rod? I know BPL used to sell one years ago… but is there anywhere to source one or any suggestions?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools