Topic

Aconcagua Summit 2009

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Aconcagua Summit 2009

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Holmes Pantoja

@travel2009

Message: I like nature and I travel a lot, especially to high mountains. I made several treks in the high mountains of Nepal, India and Americas. Two years ago, I spend my holydays in Cordillera Blanca, Peru. For the first time, I was accompanied with my whole family. We planed to do Santa Cruz – Llanganuco trek. My wife and both teenage kids are rather inexperienced in high mountains. Therefore, I looked for experienced guides for safe, but still adventurous experience; and I found that in Holmes Pantoja – Apu and his team. I liked his professional attitude, very good organization of the trek, but still relaxed, friendly atmosphere. I can strongly recommend him. http://www.inkatravelguides.com

Chatting with Apu in long evenings during the Cordillera Blanca trek I learned a lot from his mountaineering experiences. I got very interested in climbing Aconcagua under his guidance, and I used the first opportunity to join him. In February I managed to summit Aconcagua. The expedition of 6 mountaineers from Slovenia lead by Apu was very well organized. He made very good plan for our acclimatization. I believe Apu is one of the best guides in the region. With his incredible physical fitness and broad climbing experiences, he is the right person one would like to have around, if something goes wrong on a high mountain.

Ashley Brown

@ashleyb

Uh… this is an advertorial. (Check the user profile)

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Ashley, this is iffy and they didn't spam the message all over the board so I'm going to leave it. In the future, click the button to the right side of the post to report a post. That sends an email to the forum moderators to come check it out. Just posting a spam response doesn't necessarily mean a moderator will see it. Thanks for your help.

– Sam

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools