Topic

Changes to Gossamer Gear The One

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Changes to Gossamer Gear The One

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    twig .
    BPL Member

@bretthartwig

Locale: Australia

I received my Gossamer Gar The One and think it's a great shelter, I made a few tweaks to it to make it a bit easier to set up. I used 2mm shock cord to stretch out the base and added micro tensioners front and back to replace the prussik knot which seemed to bind and make it difficult to tension the front and rear tie outs.
    I ordered the poles as I only use 1 trekking pole, and frequently travel without trekking poles. The rear tent pole has a length of 125cm and I use my trekking pole (120cm) for the front pole. with a bit of tweaking this set up really well.
    gg11gg12gg13gg14gg15gg16

Mark McLauchlin
    BPL Member

@markmclauchlin

Locale: Western Australia

Hey Brett,

Great mods, the changes to the tubbed floor look very similar to the setup of my Henry Shires DR.

I will be interested to hear how you like the Gossamer and it's suitability for our climate as I am in the market myself for something lighter and this has crossed my path a few times.

Cheers
    Mark

twig .
    BPL Member

@bretthartwig

Locale: Australia

Hi Mark,
    I have a double rainbow and think the interior feels very similar. I was suprised at the amount of room when sitting up ( I'm 6ft) Definitely has more usable room than the Contrail. The floor would be my only concern in Oz, if it gets too many holes I will replace it with silnylon or something. It pitches really tight, had it out the other night when a front came through,gusty winds all night, held up no problems. I am always suprised when these light shelters hold up to so much abuse!

Michael Davis

@mad777

Locale: South Florida

Great pictures, Brett!

I have been interested in The One for some time but I am 6'-2" tall (188 cm) and I am afraid that it is too short for me. I do like to stretch out in the evenings. How do you think it would fit a person like me?

(I currently have a solo Tarptent Rainbow that I love but, it does weigh double The One).

Mark McLauchlin
    BPL Member

@markmclauchlin

Locale: Western Australia

Ah, yes.

The contrail was/is also on my list as potentials, I really like the look of it.
    Keep the details coming in as to how you like it, the more pics the better :)

Cheers

Chris Benson

@roguenode

Locale: Boulder

I just got my GG the one and am 6 ft 1 or so. I have yet to find time to seam seal it and give it a run, but will in a few weeks. I'll post pics then with me and my long bag in it.

Thanks for posting the pic's and the mod's. I may steal your ideas!

Michael Davis

@mad777

Locale: South Florida

Chris,

I'm looking forward to your report as we are about the same size!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!