Topic

We Have a Twin?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) We Have a Twin?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

in Britain!

Click over and scroll for recorded chats with Ryan Jordan, Coup, etc. — the usual suspects…

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

I looked at this site some time ago, it’s in my favorites, but I thought “gosh they are 4 years and two months behind” obviously they are catching up.
    I hit this by mistake, I thought that the question was about a twit,so I was checking out the opposition.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Twin? Twit?

Franco:

I like you, so take this as friendly advice. QUIT SNIFFING THAT SEAM SEALER!!!!! :)

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

It’s that North Carolina “stove fuel” that does it.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Sorry to disappoint both of you, I am like this without any help.
    Ben I plan to spend the week-end experimenting with the height of the tent. Just thought that you would like to know.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

You mean like how high it can levitate? Oh please don’t… :)

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Franco the roo understood the principle involved in operating my levitation device the first time I explained that to him, I cannot work out why you cannot just believe that it can be done.The long tail Franco spends a lot of his free time studying tents back home.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

There’s a picture of you on Henry’s website!

Ryan Faulkner
    Spectator

@ryanf

Looks like more than one of Francos pics are there.

lucky :-)

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Yes, Henry is a great guy.
    The second picture is the one that shows the vent side guyed out. Henry’s version had that side straight making the tent look a bit strange.( flat on that side and round ,with the beak,on the other) I will eventually post some nicer pics showing the true lines viewed from the narrow ends, I think that it will be pretty strong if pointed into the wind tghat way. The Double Rainbow will ( in my mind) offer even more wind resistance by breaking the draft with more sides (more of a diamond shape)

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

What I meant was that I will try Henry’s way , putting the tip of the arch pole on top of the trekking poles not behind, (in the freestanding mode), and small rocks under the tip in the staked down mode.This set up should give me an extra couple of inches. Not that I need that, it is for the over 6′ brigade. I need to borrow a basketball player to try it out.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools