Topic

Quilty?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Quilty?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Zak Randell

@zakrandell

Need some quilt advice please…

Something to take me down to around 32F(0C)

I can order from both American and British companies

Right now I’m considering a few options

Jacks R Better No Snivler (may not be as well designed for the ground as I would like)
    Rab Quantum top bag (nice and cheap but seems to have problems… anyone use this and like it?)
    Nunantek Ghost (looks great but expensive)

Anyone have any comments or other quilts to suggest?

Douglas Frick
    BPL Member

@otter

Locale: Wyoming

>Anyone have any comments or other quilts to suggest?

If you’re interested in making your own, check out the Ray-Way quilt. I sure like mine. I recommend the Deluxe ($65), which includes the DraftStopper.

http://www.ray-way.com/quilt/

John Chan

@ouroboros

I have the Nunatak Ghost and from my experience its probably more comfortable as a 40 F bag. The reason I say this is because I find the bag relies on the high fill power of the down for its temperature rating and this fill power is usually compromised after the first night (unless you dry your bag religiously).

If you are going to explore the Nunatak option I would strongly suggest an Arc Alpinist. It may be 3-4 oz heavier but it will comfortably take you down to 32 F even if the bag is a little wet out.

My 2 c.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools