Topic

XP-4000 Hydration Bladder Drying System

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear XP-4000 Hydration Bladder Drying System

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Al Shaver
    BPL Member

@al_t-tude

Locale: High Sierra and CA Central Coast

Not just a bladder dryer; it's a Hydration Bladder Drying System!
    >
    Tired of finding enough black mold growing in your bladder and tube to make an appetizer at the end of the backpacking season?
    With twice the drying power of the XP-2000!
    Never again with the XP-4000. Our custom manufactured dual outlet Turbo-Dry(tm)diaphram pump rapidly dries both tubing and bladder interior as well as lid, gasket, bite valve and accessories in less than an hour. Up to three bladders can be dried sequentially while held in place on the aircraft grade stainless steel vari-tension suspension unit.
    Utilizing the latest in Dri-Tec technology
    Inside the sealed Dri-Tec(tm) chamber three Breeze-Way(tm) ventilated partitions allow the air flow to gently dry three sets of accessories and exit the bottom of the fourth drying towel storage chamber.
    Ventilated partitions make the difference!
    Check out our Herky-Jerky-Maker and Dried Fruit accessories.
    Drying hose adaptor tucks neatly away in in dust proof case
    Available in finer outdoors and aquarium stores.

Paddy Wacker

@paddywacker

If you store your hydration bladder and hose in the freezer you will never have a problem with anything growing in it. I've been doing this for years and the cold doesn't effect the bladder or hose in anyway.

scott burgeson

@drdystopia

Locale: Upstate NY

You sir have taken gear maintenance to the next level.

Even if it didn't have a function just the design and the placard make this a thing of beauty.

–scott

p.s. I think you may have too much time on your hands ;-)

Al Shaver
    BPL Member

@al_t-tude

Locale: High Sierra and CA Central Coast

P.Wacker – For some, freezing is a good solution. Being that three Camelbaks consume approximately the same space as a pint of Cherry Garcia, we prefer to utilize our freezer space thusly.
    >
    I also take my drink bladder on extended road trips where I don't want it to sit around damp for days. Just clipping the back with a clothes pin (see photo) and hanging it on a hanger on a clothes hook in the car dries the bladder amazingly quick in dry air. I suppose one could trap the hose end between the side window glass and the door frame and create a ram-induction mobile tube dryer for drying between back country forays while on the road (as long as you don't mind swallowing the occasional bug!)
    >
    Scott – Thanks for your appreciation. There are 2 books published on the not-so ancient art of Shindogu – The Art of the Un-Useless Invention. My efforts pale compared to these creations.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools