Topic

Lightweight Waders and Boots

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Fishing & Tenkara Lightweight Waders and Boots

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Tarver

@andtar

I'm going on a fly fishing trip to the Flat Head River this summer and have been
    researching the lightest waders and either boots, shoes, or booties to backpack
    in with. I'm looking at some waist high waders that are about 1 lb. but can't
    find a good alternative for boots or shoes that are less than 2 lbs. Does anyone
    have any experience with light weight waders that they could share with me?

Richard Sullivan
    BPL Member

@richard-s

Locale: Supernatural BC

I got these Salomon Amphibians for wading, and will possibly glue some synthetic felt on the soles.

http://www.salomonsports.com/others/#/footwear/footwear/sandals/sport-amphibian-2

There is also the Light Amphibian that is a couple of ounces less if you can tolerate plain old laces.

cary bertoncini
    Spectator

@cbert

Locale: N. California

i've been wearing that shoe exclusively for about 3 years now – daily wear, hiking, rafting, kayaking, fishing, etc.

get them 2 at a time for 1/2 price on steepandcheap

for me, a great shoe :)

Richard Nisley
    BPL Member

@richard295

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Andrew,

The lightest durable option is a pair of Kokatat Tropos Swift dry pants at 14.4 oz for size medium. Use them in combination with light neoprene socks (1 pair when hiking and an additional pair when fishing) plus any hiking/water shoe that fits you well.

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

I love Salomons, but I couldn't get those to fit me correctly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools